Prefer to check things off? Download a fillable checklist of the first week key tasks (also outlined below) to print out or check off as you complete each step.
FOR ALL NEW HIRES
Tasks will be completed using Workday. To aid in that process, please look at the Quick Reference Guide to Log in to our Workday System, Introduction to Workday video for Amherst College employees, and our Workday Help page.
Please Note: The first three items (personal information, government IDs, I-9 form) on the list must be completed before moving on to the others. Please consult the Human Resources Office or your supervisor if you are unsure which tasks apply to you.
1. Enter Name, Contact, and Personal Information
2. Edit Government IDs (please enter your social security number in this field)
3. Complete Form I-9 (Employment Eligibility)—you must meet with an HR representative in person within your first three days to show your identification documents
4. Complete Federal Tax Withholding Elections
5. Complete State and Local Tax Withholding Elections
6. Manage Payment Elections (Direct Deposit)
7. Receipt of Drug Free Schools and Communities Act
8. Receipt of Pregnant Workers Fairness Act
Make an appointment with the Office of Human Resources to complete the I-9 Form
Register for required trainings (see Learning & Development Offerings and Opportunities section below)
Identification Card: Contact the Office of Human Resources at email@example.com or 413-542-2372 for an ID Authorization Form. Next steps will come from ID Services.
Parking Sticker: Visit the Parking Information & Regulation page and fill out the appropriate form (Login required). Permits are issued by Amherst College Police.
NON-CASUAL NEW HIRES ONLY
Complete the New Employee Acknowledgement Form
1. Schedule a meeting with Philip Chapman-Bell, Benefits Specialist by calling 413-542-5403 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Complete the Insurance & LTD Eligibility Questionnaire in Workday
3. Complete the Change Benefits task in Workday (Quick Reference Guides for Benefits on Workday). Note: benefits elections must be completed within your first 30 days. The next opportunity to make elections or changes is during the next annual Open Enrollment period.
CASUAL NEW HIRES ONLY
Casual Agreement (completed in Workday)