In the Campus Directory, you can:
- Update your personal information, including your mobile and personal phone numbers, personal email, and pronoun
- Update your photo
- Choose which content should appear on the public directory
- Choose which content should appear to logged-in viewers only
Log into the Campus Directory
Go to the Amherst College Directory and click “Sign In” in the upper right. Sign in with your Amherst College username and password.
- Search Tip: Keep in mind that if you are searching for faculty or staff in the directory, you might need to log in to get the full results.
- Searching for Students: No student directory information is available to the public. If you log in, you'll be able to see the name, class year, role, PO Box, and Class Year.
Edit Your Profile
Once logged in, go to “Edit My Profile.”
Make Content Public or Directory-Only
You can select whether each element of your entry is visible to the Public (i.e., beyond Amherst), to Amherst Only, or, in some cases, Hidden (visible to you only).
Set your pronoun by logging into ACData and navigating to the "name preferences" form.
Record your name’s pronunciation via the record name option.
Update Your Photo
If you would like to upload a different photo than what is currently showing in the online directory, here are the steps to follow:
- Select “Update Your Photo” to replace your Amherst I.D. card with a photo of your own choosing.
- Browse for the photo you would like to upload.
- Drag the purple plus sign to recenter your photo
- Depending on the size of your photo, you might be able to drag the slider under your photo to make it larger/smaller.
- The previews show how your photo will look in the variety of ways that this photo will be displayed.
- You can choose to return to your ID photo at any point
- You can browse for another photo choice
- Click on “Done Editing” when finished.
- Select Public or Amherst Only to control what information shows in the directory. (Some items also include a “Hidden - visible only to me” option.)
- Changing your title, email, phone, or campus location to Amherst Only will affect the online directory only. Your title will still appear on:
- Your personal profile page (Example)
- Your entry on the Faculty & Staff page of any academic department (Example)
- Any web page that uses the Faculty/Staff Callout in the CMS (Example)