We strongly encourage all students, faculty and staff to have a visible ID while on campus. Your Amherst College ID card will allow you access to the exterior of buildings, some interior rooms, meal swipes, vending purchases and purchases at various retail outlets on campus. ID services is located just outside of the Dining Hall in Valentine and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or x5591.
Photo for Amherst College ID
Your Amherst College student ID is your ticket to important locations and services on campus, including entering your residential hall, eating at Valentine Dining Hall, doing your laundry, accessing athletic facilities, printing, and checking out books at any of the Five College libraries. You will be provided information on where to upload your photo on June 1st, but directions for the type of photo are below.
Your photo should be formatted like this.
- Make your photo portrait format (image is taller than it is wide).
- Include your full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background (see example below).
- Do NOT send a full body photo; the photo should be from the shoulders up to the top of your head.
- The photo should be at minimum 300 wide x400 tall. Larger images and higher resolution welcome.
- Submit JPEG format (.jpg or .jpeg).
- Passport photos are good, as are some yearbook photos; cell phone photos are fine as long as they meet the other requirements.
- Do NOT wear a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline. (Exceptions will be made for religious or medical head coverings. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Office of Communications for more information—see below.)
- If you normally wear a hearing device, wig or similar articles, they should be worn for your picture.
- If you wear glasses, avoid reflections. Do NOT wear sunglasses.
- Photos should not be overly dark or overly light.
- No one else should appear in the photo.
- No watermark on the image.
Please submit a clear headshot photo to email@example.com.
ID pickups will be done via appointment. Please coordinate with our staff to arrange a time.
Faculty and staff, ID’s can also be sent to your department.
Temporary / Lost IDs
If you are in immediate need of an ID, please contact campus police at x2291 or Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meal and Charge Plans
If you have specific questions about meal or charge plans, including AC Dollars, 5 College Meal Exchange, Amherst Meal Plans, Employee Charge Plans or costs of meal, please email email@example.com.
ID's for Non Employees
Please reference this page and complete the required information. Once HR provides ID Services with the appropriate information, a card will be generated.