Two top liberal arts schools, one powerful talent pipeline.
On behalf of Williams and Amherst Colleges’ career centers, we are writing today to invite you to apply for our virtual 2022 Job & Internship Fair for Diverse, Equitable & Inclusive Workplaces, scheduled for Wednesday, September 28, from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. EST.
This virtual event will provide a venue for actively-hiring organizations to showcase their ongoing commitment and efforts towards workplace diversity, equity, and inclusion. For qualified organizations, the Fair will serve as a pipeline to meet a large pool of diverse students from two of the top liberal arts colleges in the country.
Why Amherst and Williams? And why now?
Both of our institutions believe strongly that a diverse campus is foundational to fostering rich, intellectual growth and community. From year to year, our student bodies’ enrollment provides hard evidence of that commitment. Here are some of our most recent statistics for reference:
Diversity stats for Amherst: Read more!
- Our student body hails from 48 states (plus D.C. and Puerto Rico) and 54 countries
- Admission rate is 8%
- 49% of our U.S. students self-identify as students of color
- Approximately 16% are first-generation college students
- Approximately 10% of our students are international
- Demographics: 51% women, 49% men
- 61% of our students receive financial aid
Diversity stats for Williams: Read more!
- Our student body hails from 49 states and 96 countries
- Admission rate is 8%
- 46% of our U.S. students self-identify as students of color
- Approximately 14% are first-generation college students
- 9% of our students are international
- Demographics: 52% female, 48% male
- 51% of our students receive financial aid
Virtual Fair Structure
At our virtual Job & Internship Fair, you’ll be able to engage with students in a variety of formats:
- 30-minute group sessions where you can share slides and provide information about your organization, its diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, and open roles
- 10-minute video chats to connect 1-on-1 with interested students
- Convenient email follow up via Handshake with student attendees
Employer Application Process
Our employer application process includes a required question set regarding your organization’s approaches, structures, and goals around diversity and inclusion. If your application for the Fair is accepted, your answers to these questions will be shared with our students.
When completing the employer application, you’ll be asked to share the number of representatives who plan to attend the Fair. Each representative who attends will be able to create their own, unique schedule to engage with students. To learn more about these features, visit Virtual Fairs in Handshake: A Guide for Employers.
The employer application is now open, and rates are as follows:
- For-Profit Company: $100
- For-Profit Company - Early Bird Special: $75 ($100 after August 15)
- Nonprofit/Government Organization: $50
- Nonprofit/Government Organization - Early Bird Special: $25 ($50 after August 15)
Note: Your credit card will only be charged if your application is approved by the review committee.
We greatly value your current and future partnership and look forward to connecting you with our students this fall. If you have questions, please contact the Amherst team at email@example.com or the Williams team at firstname.lastname@example.org.