The Climate and Community Committee (CCC) brings our department's students, faculty, and staff together to discuss how to improve our work and social climate. The committee makes recommendations for changes in all aspects of department life, from curriculum to social events. It first convened in Spring of 2020 and met remotely through the 2020-2021 academic year.
All members of the community should feel free to contact a representative of the CCC at any time. The current committee members are:
- Students: Cailin Plunket and Lena Treiber: co-chairs. Michael Ambrosius, Alex DelFranco, Lillia Hammond, Julia Woodward, Vietta Kuntz, Nat Edmonds
- Faculty & Staff: Ashley Carter, Kannan Jagannathan, Jarrett Moyer, Rachael Dunphy
How to join the CCC:
- Respond to an e-mail sent to Physics & Astronomy majors at the beginning of the year from the Academic Department Coordinator
- Respond to the announcement at the first Physic and Astronomy Department Seminar meeting in September
- E-mail the Academic Department Coordinator
- Respond to the official Workday posting JR493 Climate & Community Committee
Read the informal minutes of the CCC (restricted to the Amherst College community).