CAPSTONE/ THESIS PROPOSALS FOR CLASS OF 2022
Proposals for one semester Capstone Projects and year long Senior Honors Projects are due Wednesday, May 19, 2021. Please email your proposal to Karen Graves at email@example.com and note in your email whether this proposal is for a one semester Capstone or year long Honors project.
Capstone and Honors projects can take many forms besides that of a traditional academic thesis. In addition to a description of the project, 500 word proposals should include an account of relevant coursework or other appropriate preparation and be accompanied by a brief bibliography. All proposals should clearly indicate whether students intend to undertake a Capstone or Honors project and provide a succinct title that identifies the central focus of this project.
- Friday, April 30 - Deadline for confirming diploma and commencement program name and data: https://forms.gle/G4SzySvSHzcrDU747
- Wednesday, May 19 - Last Day of Classes
- Deadline to submit a digital copy of your thesis or honors projects is 5:00 pm. Please review the thesis guidelines for information on formatting and depositing the documents as well as the Cover Sheet and Copyright Perfmission Form (Appendix A)
- Deadline for Honors Recommendations and Grades from Thesis Advisor
- Senior Assembly Awards Ceremony
- Thursday, May 20 - Sunday May 23 - Reading Period
- Monday, May 24 - Friday, May 28: Final Exam Period
- Sunday May 30 - Commencement Ceremony
- Monday, May 31 at 9:00 am: Final Grades from the Spring Semester are due from Faculty.
- All course work must be submitted to the faculty by the end of the exam period so that faculty have enough time to submit final grades.
- Faculty and Trustees will vote on degree candidates and no changes may be made to the student record after this vote. Honors information will be shared following Commencement. The actual conferral date will be when the Board of Trustees meets to vote on the degrees.
Class of 2023 Students
FROM THE REGISTRAR:
Dear Class of 2023 Students,All Amherst College students are required to declare a major by the end of their fourth semester at the College. We recommend that you declare your major while you are preparing your schedule for next year. Major declarations not made by the end of this semester, May 19, 2021, will hold up your registration at the start of next term.
In order to declare your major please fill out the Major Declaration/Drop and Change of Advisor Form. Please be sure to obtain permission from your current advisor and the department chair. We will accept email messages of approval in place of signatures. This form can be found here.Once the form is completed, please email that to the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that you will be unable to participate in add/drop for Fall 2021 until you have declared a major. Add/drop for Fall 2021 begins on August 30, 2021.Sincerely,